[TriLUG] KDE, switching networks, delays starting apps

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 12 18:23:04 EDT 2004

You could also run ethereal and see if KDE is actually using localhost
or trying to use the IP address of your former interface. In any case
you should see the packets that are attempted during the timeouts.

Have you tried aliasing your old IP address to your eth0 card and seeing
if the problem goes away?

Jon