[TriLUG] KDE, switching networks, delays starting apps

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 12 19:16:55 EDT 2004

So now you know that KDE is caching the DNS entries that it had on
startup...

You can get around this problem pretty easily by simply installing your
own caching DNS server on your workstation - then putting 127.0.0.1 as
the first nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf

<And by good fortune there happens to be a DNS talk coming up on
Thursday!>

Good Luck - Jon