[TriLUG] has roadrunner changed something recently?

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Tue Oct 12 19:38:39 EDT 2004

Well, having read through most of the thread, it looks nonconspiratorial,
but I observed similar behavior last week with Comcast.  It took
unplugging both my Linksys modem and Linksys router for a couple minutes,
letting the modem power up and lock on, then powering up the router before
it resolved.

Oddly, my ssh connections to various internet locations (outside the
Comcast service area) remained after all that power cycling and so forth.

Unfortunately it looks like it was all a nefarious Comcast scheme to
disable ping requests, as I can no longer ping anything beyond my cable
modem :(

William

--
William Sutton