[TriLUG] looking for a cheap computer

gregbrown at mindspring.com gregbrown at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 15 11:19:24 EDT 2004

Hey all.  I'm looking to purchase a very inexpensive computer.  All I need this thing to do is act as a ssh server, webcam, LOW throughput webserver (with the only content being provided by the webcam), and a proxy server (only used via SSH tunnels initialized by me on a very irregular basis).  It'll most likely be running CentOS as the OS.

The PC will have to have USB ports and a PCI bus.  Does anyone have an old Pentium-Pro laying around?  PII even?  If you do then give me an idea how much you'd be willing to part with it for.

Thanks!

Greg