[TriLUG] Whitebox vs. CentOS?

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 11:02:36 EDT 2004

> Any opinions from the group on differences between the two?

Whitebox is stable and smooth.  CentOS does have a more active
community, but the slower pace of WB fits my needs as a model closer
to RHEL and less Fedora-like.

In any case, WB performs well.  I can tell you from experience that RH
rpms run without any problems.

> > I've started using CentOS, mainly because I was told that Whitebox was
> > maintained by a single individual, and CentOS was actually a group of
> > people from all over.  Not entirely sure if this is true or not, or if

What Mr. Tiemann says may be true, and although I have great respect
for him, for my needs, it doesn't matter.  Actually, I see a benefit
to a smaller community - less time is wasted on community white noise
and meta-disucussion.

Matt Frye