[TriLUG] Re: God, how I hate thee, VIM

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Thu Oct 21 13:58:26 EDT 2004

If it's a RHEL or Fedora box, and you don't want the fun syntax
coloring, etc. that vim provides, try

$ unalias vi

in your shell.  That should get you back to a plain-jane version of vi
(vim, really) that doesn't do all the extra whiz-bang junk vim provides.

--[Lance]

--
  Celebrate The Circle: http://www.celebratethecircle.org/
  Carolina Spirit Quest:  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/