[TriLUG] ethernet ports on Linksys wrt54g are autosense

Shane O'Donnell shaneo at nc.rr.com
Fri Oct 22 09:52:01 EDT 2004

Ya' know, the WRT54G was never designed to be installed for commercial use.
It's a consumer device that is designed to provide minimal necessary
functionality at the lowest cost possible.

One way of reducing costs is reducing the number of der blinkenlights.
Linksys made this change between versions 1.0 and 1.1 of the WRT54G.  If you
want more lights, go troll for a 1.0 on eBay.  Personally, I'll sacrifice
the lights for the additional memory/processor in the WRT54GS (for $20
more).

Shane o.