[TriLUG] SUSE 8 cluster

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Fri Oct 22 14:01:12 EDT 2004

I need to take a few (4 specifically) of our older PC's and build a
"development" SUSE 8 cluster. The software requires SUSE 8 SP1.  However, I
do not want to use my production cluster as the development platform. This
is where my question comes to TriLUG.

Has anyone seen/written a HOWTO on building a cluster with SUSE
specifically? It's been a LONG time for me since the last cluster I built
was RHL 5.1 and so I'm a bit rusty. I also don't know the innerds of SUSE
like I do RH.

Any suggestions would be helpful. And before anyone asks, yes it HAS to be
SUSE.

TIA,
 Roy