[TriLUG] SUSE 8 cluster

Craig Zimmer cdzimmer at gw.fis.ncsu.edu
Fri Oct 22 14:06:55 EDT 2004

support-forums.novell.com is where you will find the News server for all
of novell lists including SuSE.

>>> rvestal at trilug.org 10/22/2004 2:01:12 PM >>>
I need to take a few (4 specifically) of our older PC's and build a
"development" SUSE 8 cluster. The software requires SUSE 8 SP1.
However, I
do not want to use my production cluster as the development platform.
This
is where my question comes to TriLUG.

Has anyone seen/written a HOWTO on building a cluster with SUSE
specifically? It's been a LONG time for me since the last cluster I
built
was RHL 5.1 and so I'm a bit rusty. I also don't know the innerds of
SUSE
like I do RH.

Any suggestions would be helpful. And before anyone asks, yes it HAS to
be
SUSE.

TIA,
 Roy