[TriLUG] SSL Certs

Ryan Leathers Ryan.Leathers at globalknowledge.com
Fri Oct 22 15:03:19 EDT 2004

Steve,

I have a farm of Jboss servers in my back 40 as well.
Rather than Local Director I chose to use LVS, but this is about the same.
I am using a single cert for the entire farm.
Just keep the same host name on all the servers and avoid the wildcard $$$.

Your other option is to cluster Jboss, in which case you don't need any
front end load balancing.
This should also offer superior performance.  I don't do this myself since I
am forced to turn my app servers into private instances on a dime - again
LVS flexibility makes this easy.

Best o luck!