[TriLUG] SSL Certs

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Fri Oct 22 22:27:34 EDT 2004

Joseph Tate [dragonstrider at gmail.com] wrote:

> A word of warning to those wishing to use freessl or other
> chained-certs, they're incrementally harder to implement because they
> require setting up certificate chains on the server.  This is why
> they're not supported on old browsers (can't follow certificate
> chains).  Thawte and Verisign do not have this requirement, so are
> supported on old browsers as well as modern.

Have you tried fressl?  They claim they aren't chained:
http://www.freessl.com/faq.html#8
But that's just what they're claiming, I'm hoping someone out there has
used them.

It looks -real- attractive to me, but I haven't tried it yet.  I suppose
when I have a little more time, I could grab the starter cert and give
it a shot.

Mike
--
"Spare me your space-age technobabble Atilla The Hun!" --  Zapp Brannigan