[TriLUG] SSL Certs

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 23 11:36:46 EDT 2004

--- Matt Pusateri <mpusateri at wickedtrails.com> wrote:

> Also one of the
> things the CA will want to do is do a hostname lookup on your server
> to make sure it resolves properly.  This is two fold.  One to validate
> that you are doing what you say you are doing.  And Two, to make sure
> you are not using multiple machines.

I just got a Thawte cert for single server web app and the DNS wasn't setup so
you couldn't hit the box by name, nor had the external IP even been defined or
opened up in the firewall.  I got my cert in under 24 hours, only thing they
did was call me to verify I existed where I said I did.

laters,
David