[TriLUG] compiling videos from still images

Timothy A. Chagnon tchagnon at futeki.net
Tue Oct 26 09:39:22 EDT 2004

I did almost this exact thing about a year ago.  Though I don't remember
the exact syntax, here's the process:
1. Pov-ray render to png images.
2. Use convert (part of ImageMagick) to convert all those images to jpeg
3. Use mencoder (part of MPlayer: www.mplayerhq.hu) to create a MJPEG
avi file from all the jpegs.
4. Use mencoder to create MPEG1, divx, or whatever other compressed
video format desired.

Hope this helps.  It's all command line and you just have to pass the
right args.  I don't know and kinda doubt mencoder will output to fl?,
though.  I'm pretty adept at mencoder, so if you have questions I can
point you in the right direction.

-Tim

--
Timothy A. Chagnon
Linux, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways: while(1){count++;}