[TriLUG] OT: windows firewall

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 10:21:59 EDT 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:15:43 -0400, Joseph Mack <mack.joseph at epa.gov> wrote:
> I don't know anyone to ask this question, so I'll try here.
>
> I need to put a windows machine (W98, or W2k) on the internet. I don't want
> it to get hacked. It has all the microsoft updates on it. I need processes
> to be able to connect to anything outside and need all connect requests
> from the outside to be refused. I don't care what happens to ping requests.
> This is simple to do in Linux, but I don't know how to do it with Windows.

Joe,

Might I suggest asking a more appropriate forum like

a) The NC Sysadmins
b) The NT Users Group
c) Internetworkers

Or, if you want to make it relevant to this list, put a linux box
in front of it and direct the appropriate connections to the
windows box.

Otherwise, this is not an appropriate trilug post (just like
asking about battery disposal is not).

Tanner Lovelace