[TriLUG] OT: windows firewall

Dave Sorenson dave at logicalgeek.com
Tue Oct 26 14:47:11 EDT 2004

This will be my final response to this to hopefully allow this to die.
You wrote:
>>and I, for one, refuse to give it a free pass, especially when I know the
person involved and know him to be fairly clueful.

That comment meets my definition of "sniping". You know him, you know he has
a clue, and I would venture to guess know his motivations in asking his
question yet you refuse to cut any slack. Who's to say that others may have
(or not) found the information he was seeking of interest? You? Me? Joe
Sixpack?

The later comment about the Mac users on the list not getting grief and
questioning why/why not was on the money.

If Trilug were a moderated list fine, kill the post, but to get all bothered
because someone asked for help just because that help was to solve a problem
with the wrong OS that a Linux user is required to deal with is a little
thin skinned from this side of the fence, especially seeing as how the
thread was marked as off topic to begin with.

Sometimes in life you get a whole lot more benefit from cutting others a
little slack once in a while. To blatantly say you will never allow room for
an occasional mildly off topic request for help underscores my observation
of the negativity on the list of late.

I agree if every other thread were windows questions you would have more
justification in your position, but the fact of the matter is that there is
very little windows noise on the list. So toss back a cool beverage and have
a great afternoon.

Dave S.