[TriLUG] How to dispose of old Li-Ion batteries

Dan Monjar dan at daijin.dissimulo.com
Tue Oct 26 15:18:52 EDT 2004

--On Tuesday, October 26, 2004 09:37:30 AM -0400 Joseph Mack
<mack.joseph at epa.gov> wrote:

> The instructions that come with my replacement battery say that
> they contain toxic material, not to dispose of them in landfills
> (ie don't throw them in the household garbage) and to obey all
> local ordinances for disposal.
>
> What should I do with the old battery?

The Wake Co. landfill on Durant Rd. has a section for computers, monitors,
batteries, etc.... note this is NOT to say the stuff goes in the landfill.
It is a separate collection area where they collect the stuff and then send
it off for proper recycling.  They take almost everything there like
drywall, construction stuff, oils, paper, household chemicals, tires,
etc...

--
Dan Monjar