[TriLUG] Documentation format question

Chris Knowles chrisk at trilug.org
Wed Oct 27 13:05:04 EDT 2004

OK, So I've been consigned to document everything about several of our
servers, which entails all but writing a book.  (In fact, it probably
will entail a book.)

So, being the F/OSS person that I am, what do I want to use, given that
I have the following restrictions

1) Can't be tied to one particular editor/environment
2) Need to be able to generate output as
	a) print
	b) html
	c) pdf
3) The ability to run the whole thing under windows if absolutely
needed.  (I'm using Debian, so bonus points if it's particularly easy
there)

I'm already familiar with LaTeX and DocBook, and I've got reasons why I
like both of them for this, so I thought I'd ask for recommendations for
either a) completely different systems, or b) addons or tricks that make
LaTeX or DocBook the best in your opinion.

As always, thanks!

CJK
--
Chris Knowles <chrisk at trilug.org>