[TriLUG] OOOOTTTT: Known Sprint/Xytel 645R Issue?

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Thu Oct 28 13:11:17 EDT 2004

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with frequent-ish lockups of the
645R ADSL modem.  Ours seems to hang (the lights stay on but no one is
home...no traffic moves) fairly regularly.  It's operating in bridge mode,
so I wouldn't think it would be anything like routing tables getting full or
whatever, but what I really know about its inner workings amounts to
slightly less than a hill of beans.  At any rate, only power cycling the
modem restores connectivity.  I don't enjoy having to do this every few
weeks.

Thought I'd ask around and see if I should consider hounding Sprint for a
replacement unit.

Thanks,
~Brian

Brian A. Henning