[TriLUG] Dumb mgetty/pppd question

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Oct 28 23:55:53 EDT 2004

Brian,

When I've set this up I used a 192.168.12.0/24 address range for the
folks dialing up. The PPPD server had the "secondary" address
192.168.12.1. My main router routed all 192.168.12.0/24 traffic to the
PPPD server using it's "primary" address.

Other than that the most interesting thing I remember about the setup is
to have Windows clients using PPP connections adjust their MTU size down
to 1400. I think XP clients will auto adjust, but Win98 or Win95 will
not.

Good Luck