[TriLUG] Re: Kernel Panic - any takers?

Byarlay, Wayne A. wab at purdue.edu
Wed Nov 3 13:51:21 EST 2004

Hey... well we decided to take this opportunity to just scrap the whole
old computer and rebuild a NEW AMANDA backup server. :) The root
partition on this drive just plain wouldn't mount. :( But, thanks to
your help Lance I learned a LOT about the way these boot loaders work..
and now I have one of the recovery cd's.

Thanks a lot Lance, and also Ralph who mentioned Knoppix.

A strange thought which occurred to me during this crazy time is:
Wouldn't it be fun to create a Boot CD whose sole purpose was to play
tricks on some poor soul that deserved it? Such as, your boss, or
mother-in-law. Yes, have it boot up from CD and show a fake Windoze
login / desktop, which played silly noises when they tried to click on
stuff. Or, a video of something. Or, variations of nicer / meaner jokes
could be incorporated. Oh well, I have an overactive imagination.

Thanks again TRILUGGers for your support.

wab