[TriLUG] anandtech article and Xbox

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Fri Nov 12 08:27:42 EST 2004

I have a modded Xbox, a friend did the work for me, but it was pretty
easy.  I'm running EvoX, that really becomes a front end for the normal
Xbox functions as well as other stuff such as Mplayer.  If you want a
true Linux distro this isn't it, it's a Linux boot front end and menu
system for a few programs.  I believe that once the mod is done you can
install what you want though.

Solder across 2 sets of points
Flash the BIOS

Ready to go

We used a special saved game from 007, I don't have all of the details
handy, but can get them.  I also have access to the tools and software
necessary, on a loan basis from a friend.  I suppose that it'd be
possible to copy the saved game to another fob, and copy the DVD with
EvoX, I don't know about the original 007 game though.

If your goal is to use the Xbox as a game and media player, with
enhanced capabilities, this will do.  If your goal is to use it as a
general purpose computer it won't.

Kevin