[TriLUG] Series 2 TIVO mods?

Bill Vinson billvinson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 16:18:41 EST 2004

The USB ports can be enabled on a DirecTiVo, but it does require
hacking. I have an HDVR-2 with 110 Hrs of space and a working USB nic
(NetGear I think). It is actually a simple process using what I
believe was called the Sleeper ISO. Check the various forums and you
should find info on that ISO. The process only gets slightly more
difficult if you want to A. Not upgrade to a new drive (Hacking your
original TiVo drive is a BAD idea) or B. Want to retain your original
recordings rather than starting over...

I can probably help further, but it has been a while since I did it.
TiVocommunity.com is your friend, but access to the raw recordings is
a taboo subject. It can be done, however, they will not tolerate the
discussion of it. I just use mine for extra space and the nice
TiVoweb+ web ui.

Bill