[TriLUG] freevo/xmltv channel-grabbing script error

Scott Miller stm0103 at mail.ecu.edu
Fri Nov 12 16:22:53 EST 2004

  I just purchased an Avermedia UltraTV PCI 350 TV card from Intrex
(which I'm happy to say worked out of the box in Mandrake 10.1, no
configuring!).
  And now I'm trying to get the program Freevo working, but am having a
problem with XMLTV to grab the channel listings. Looks like a possible
bad script, but I'm not sure. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here's where I'm having a prob:

[stmiller at stmiller stmiller]$ tv_grab_na_dd --configure
using config filename /home/stmiller/.xmltv/tv_grab_na_dd.conf

DD data is in UTC by default
Please specify the appropriate offset
(We're working on improving this)
+0000 UTC
-0400 Eastern  Daylight
-0500 Eastern  Standard or Central Daylight
-0600 Central  Standard or Mountain Daylight
-0700 Mountain Standard or Pacific Daylight
-0800 Pacific  Standard

Timezone offset (+/-####) (+0000) -0500

Free Data Direct registration required in advance.
You can get an ID at http://labs.zap2it.com
Specify certificate code: 'ZYZM-TE5O-SBUT' (Letter O)
(don't forget to add a lineup!)

Username (): scottlinux

WARNING: Storing the password in the config file is not secure
If password is blank, it will be prompted as needed(more secure)
Unsecured password ('x':delete,default:<keep>,): Undefined subroutine
&Term::ReadKey::ReadMode called
at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/XMLTV/Ask/Term.pm line 64, <STDIN>
line 2.
[stmiller at stmiller stmiller]$

And the mentioned Term.pm file is here if you need to see it:
http://www.hrivnak.org/~stmiller/Term.pm

Thanks guys-

Scott