[TriLUG] my red hat subscription expiring

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 10:27:02 EST 2004

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 06:58:17 -0800 (PST), Turnpike Man
<turnpike420 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> someone at RH may have to expand on this, but I've heard of satellite "onsite"
> RHN servers... meaning, you have one of your own, however, I'm also thinking 8
> production RHEL boxes isn't enough to justify a satellite... just thoughts to
> go on.
>
> laters,
> David McD.

This is a scenario that I don't think is well thought out at the Red
Hat camp.  I'd suggest using CentOS on those internal machines and set
up a local YUM repository to keep them up to date.

If you do that, please send in your suggested donation so that the
bandwidth costs can be defrayed.  They got hit big when CentOS 3.3
came out a few months ago.  Ended up with a $1500 ISP bill for the
month.

--
Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com