[TriLUG] [OT] Security Camera Systems

Dan Monjar dan at daijin.dissimulo.com
Thu Nov 18 14:40:27 EST 2004

--On Thursday, November 18, 2004 09:09:06 AM -0500 "Byarlay, Wayne A."
<wab at purdue.edu> wrote:

> Is anybody here familiar with a good, cheap security camera system? I'm
> guessing they should have cameras nowadays that are wireless / Ethernet,
> which can write some graphic mode to a hard drive on a computer
> somewhere... maybe even only write if there's a significant change in
> the image.
>
> Sorry if this is too off-topic, but I figure, if it's writing to some
> hard drive somewhere, it *could* be a linux system it's writing to (And
> in my case it would be). :)

<http://www.scdlink.com/> has the coolest catalog but unfortunately the web
page is just a 'coming soon' thing.  give them a call at 800.316.6027 and
get them to send you a catalog.  I've never done business with them and
don't really know how I got on their mailing list so apply suitable
caution.... but for gadget freaks this is neat.

--
Dan Monjar