[TriLUG] weird time stuff in FC3

linux r linuxr at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 22:52:52 EST 2004

Hi,

I have a weird time problem.  I am running FC3 with KDE.  On my
taskbar I show the time of 18:42 and it says 'Moscow' there all of a
sudden.  I am in Orlando FL USA.

Rt. click on it, go to adjust date/time and it shows 10:44 pm.   I
changed the time zone to Atlantic/South Georgia, but that did nothing.
  Current time zone is GMT.

Now thats weird.  Just tried to set it to America/Dawsons creek, and
it is now showing 5 am.  Current time zone is MST.  It will let me
play around with every setting except for time zone, I am unable to
change that.

What gives anybody?   Is my battery on my motherboard going bad or
something?   How can I tell if my system been compromised ?

Marc