[TriLUG] linksys wrtg54g range problems

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Nov 21 09:59:16 EST 2004

We have also found that turning up the power on these babies helps them
alot - of course you still need to check for the usual culprits first:
 - wireless phones in the house
 - Neighbors stomping on your signal
 - Cthulhu infested walls, etc

You don't need to load the latest firmware - or a rogue firmware to do
this. There is a published hack that lets you do it from the current
firware - see the TriLUG presentation from a few months back.

Jon Carnes
(running firmware 3.17 and loving it!)