[TriLUG] linux video and an OT question

Kevin Miller kevinm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 17:22:12 EST 2004

> Has anyone on the list ever been to Doha, Qatar?  I may end up going over there for a brief stint.  If you have been there did you like it?  Do you still have both hands?  How were Americans treated over there?

I was there for ~3.5 weeks in the last 6 months. I had a great time,
and had no problems as an American. It should be great weather this
time of year. In April it was very nice; in July it was 120+ and
extremely humid.. not very pleasant but something to write home about.

The biggest problem I had was meeting up with my group upon arrival.
The first time I was staying with friends, and they thought I missed
my flight; it was quite a pain contacting them. The second time I
stayed in the Ritz-Carlton and they (and all the hotels) have people
waiting for you right as you come out of customs.

Why are you going over, if I might ask?

-Kevin