[TriLUG] linksys wrtg54g range problems

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 19:10:31 EST 2004

I guess I also have to point out that in my case it wasn't just the
WAP which changed, but I'm also using a new pc card in the thinkpad, I
changed that to an b/g card since the WRT54G supports 802.11g. I'm
pretty sure I also experienced greater range with the 54G and the old
card but I can't swear to it.

As for cranking up the power, I've heard that this decreases the life
of the access point. Heat is the enemy, and that's one of the reasons
I relocated teh access point from the attic to a second floor room.