[TriLUG] External USB enclosures, CD-Roms and the linux..

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 13:49:09 EST 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 08:39:26 -0500, Joseph Mack <mack.joseph at epa.gov> wrote:
> john broome wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone had any experience using a roll-your-own external cdrom with
> > linux?
> >
> > I noticed a serious price difference between getting a usb enclosure and
> > using one of my cd-roms vs. buying one pre-made and I was wondering if
> > there was an advantage to the more expensive version.

I recently bought a USB/Firewire enclosure and have been pretty
pleased with it.  Only problem was with the USB drivers for my
mfr-forsaken motherboard.  This was a windows driver problem.  Works
great on my Mac and my Linux box.  I've used it with a DVD burner and
a HDD.

--
Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com