[TriLUG] External USB enclosures, CD-Roms and the linux..

tsiprova at Technisource.com tsiprova at Technisource.com
Tue Nov 23 14:13:25 EST 2004

It's most likely a job with the State of NC or another large agency.  They
have a huge vendor list - like 200 companies so when a req comes out,
everyone tries to be the first to fill it.  The state agencies only allow
one submittal per recruiting company, so it's pretty intense competition.

I can't vouch for other recruiters, but the only time I post a job on a
users group list is when I have an extremely high chance of filling it.
People in users groups tend to know a lot of people in the industry and you
don't want to waste their time.

Hope that helps!

Have a wonderful holiday!

Tyler Siprova
Senior Technical Recruiter
Technisource, Inc.
919-852-1977  ext 211
800-931-1728
tsiprova at technisource.com
www.technisource.com

                      Joseph Tate
                      <dragonstrider at g         To:      Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list
                      mail.com>                <trilug at trilug.org>
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      trilug-bounces at t         Subject: Re: [TriLUG] External USB enclosures, CD-Roms and
                      rilug.org                the linux..

                      11/23/2004 01:49
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to Triangle
                      Linux Users
                      Group discussion
                      list

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 08:39:26 -0500, Joseph Mack <mack.joseph at epa.gov>
wrote:
> john broome wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone had any experience using a roll-your-own external cdrom with
> > linux?
> >
> > I noticed a serious price difference between getting a usb enclosure
and
> > using one of my cd-roms vs. buying one pre-made and I was wondering if
> > there was an advantage to the more expensive version.

I recently bought a USB/Firewire enclosure and have been pretty
pleased with it.  Only problem was with the USB drivers for my
mfr-forsaken motherboard.  This was a windows driver problem.  Works
great on my Mac and my Linux box.  I've used it with a DVD burner and
a HDD.

--
Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com