[TriLUG] Port alternatives for mail.trilug.org?

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 13:38:20 EST 2004

mail.trilug.org has always listened to port 465 which is the smtps
port, but you
must connect using SSL (not STARTTLS) which mozilla mailers have problem
with.  I've also just opened up the mail "submission" port (587) which
is defined
as a mail submission port (for clients) only.   You must use STARTTLS to
startup SSL before it will work, though (just like you would on port 25) and
you must login to be able to submit mail there.

Cheers,
Tanner