[TriLUG] Dieing hard drive?

john mitchell john280z at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 30 08:41:33 EST 2004

 > Aaron S. Joyner wrote:
> ...you should pull down Maxtor's PowerMax software....
> http://www.maxtor.com/portal/site/Maxtor/menuite...........
    This sounds like a job for "Ultimate Boot CD". More powerful than a single
program, able to boot without windows, the UBCD serves truth, justice, and the
American idea of free enterprise - it's free. If you have access to another PC
with a CD/R) then download the UBCD from (the basic version is 107 Meg):
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
    It has the Maxtor PowerMax software on it and is self-booting - who needs
windows!
    I find that the UBCD is a great tool to keep in my pack of testing tools.

john mitchell