[TriLUG] OT: Failed Raid Controller

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Tue Nov 30 15:15:19 EST 2004

Steve,

    The Compaq Smart 3200 will read the RAID config from the disks.
Just be careful of the firmware revisions, if they are a major version
off on the replacement card you should get the replacement card to be
close to the original card before you attach disks.

    As for the # of channels, the replacement should go fairly smooth if
you have the same channel config, if not it may take some time to get
one set up, then the other one.

    You shouldn't need to move anything but the old controller.

    You may want to try disconnecting the cable that connects to the
disks and update the firmware, fairly easy to download from
www.hp.com/servers , then make the bootable floppy(s) for that
controller.

    If you are in a real jam, send me a note offlist and I'll work with
you on it.

Kevin

--
Kevin Flanagan <kevin at flanagannc.net>