[TriLUG] Re: Dieing hard drive?

Brian Daniels bitmage at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 30 14:33:49 EST 2004

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 12:20:25PM -0500, Joseph Mack wrote:
> Brian Daniels wrote:
>
> > At the end of the week, swap to next bay and store the previous one in a big
> > anti-static bag.
>
> are these hot swappable?

The anti-static bags? :-)

The bay claims to be.  It's got a keylock that powers down the drive.  It will
depend on your controller, but most stock motherboard controllers don't like
this.  I just power down once a week (horrors!) and swap drives.  Since this is
my home box, no big deal.

--Brian

--
Question with boldness even the existence of a god;
because if there be one he must approve of the

--Thomas Jefferson, Aug. 10, 1787

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at bellsouth.net
      http://www.eviloverlord.net