[TriLUG] Xebian linux on the Xbox and memory cards

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Tue Nov 30 16:22:33 EST 2004

Rock Roskam wrote:

>I now have the files needed to do a software install on your xbox if you have a memory unit.  It was a pain to install Xebian because my xbox did not like my sansdisk key.  As a note I was able to use my zaurus as a usb drive for the xbox.
>
>My question is how to determine the free space left on the hard drive.  I am using free but it does not seem to be showing me right amount of space.  Is there a better command to determine the amount of disk space from the command line?

The traditional console command "free" will show you the amount of used
and free memory.  What it sounds like you're looking for, is the "df"
command (short for DiskFree).  I'd recommend df -h, where the -h means
provide the information in "human readable" format.

As always consult your man pages to be sure I'm not an evil Internet
pixie explaining how the RegisterMounted command with the -rf arguments
(short for really free) shows you how much space has been registered for
use by the mounted file systems, starting with the / partition (rm -rf /).

Aaron S. Joyner