[TriLUG] Latecomer to the RoadRunner party

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Nov 30 22:34:44 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 22:13, Mark Wilson wrote:

> I remember there being a website called 'earthlinksucks.com' where I read
> a few nightmarish stories about their support even of Windows customers.
> They make me a bit nervous therefore, though I take your word for it that
> you're having an okay time of it.  But you probably don't *need* their
> support--I figure most folks here wouldn't.

Earthlink is a large company and surely they have their detractors, as
do all large companies.  All I'm saying is that I've had no problem with
the cable Internet service.  The physical connection, support for the
conenctivity level of the service, and the billing is all provided by
Time Warner Cable anyhow, so it's not like you're really getting the
service from Earthlink.

You won't be asking for "support" in the sense of "My computer won't
conenct to the Internet."  You'll be asking for support in the sense of
"my cable modem isn't connecting to the network; the LED code is
this..."  The latter support is provided by TWC anyhow; not Earthlink.
You should have no reason to call Earthlink support so no need to worry
about its quality.  Make sense?

Jeremy

| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |