[TriLUG] Peculiar mailman problem

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Dec 2 20:22:41 EST 2004

Check to see if there are any files in the list's "shunt" directory. You
may have to use the bin/unshunt to put them back in the queue.  If they
just get shunted again then you will have to delete them.

Also, see if there is a message stuck in the queue otherwise.  I've seen a
case whereby a message doesn't get shunted when it should, and it crashed
the qrunner.  Oddly enough, that message actually contained some exploit
code for a Sparc Linux distribution, and we didn't really want it sent out
to the list in question anyway, so it was good news that it caught our
attention!  :-)

Jeremy