[TriLUG] subdomains for dyndns?

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 5 16:57:36 EST 2004

Greg,

I suspect that it would be like the cheap form of subdomain setups:  Making
all of your domain and subdomain records in the same zone file.  You don't
need to delegate a subdomain or have a separate zone file for it in order to
have subdomains.  It's just that that's generally done for the sake of
clarity and ease of administration.  Of course, I'm speaking entirely of
BIND here, because that's what I know.  Don't construe any of these
statements to apply to any other name server.

I'm sure if you set up a record in your dyndns.org zone for
greg.sub.domain.tld, it would work.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer

"Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
 --Ben Franklin--