[TriLUG] eGroupWare

Mark Fowle mark at thefowles.com
Mon Dec 6 10:44:04 EST 2004

I want to have it running on Red Hat Enterprise 3.0 .....  The error
comes during the first stage of setup (the database)

Your Database is not working!
Make sure that your database is created and the account permissions are set.

.....snip.......
Instructions for creating the database in MySql:
Login to mysql -
/[user at server user]# mysql -u root -p/
Create the empty database and grant user permissions -
/mysql> create database egroupware;/
/mysql> grant all on egroupware.* to egroupware at localhost identified by
'password';/

Even if I create the database manually, it still has the same
message....  Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Mark