[TriLUG] !

Joseph Mack mack.joseph at epa.gov
Mon Dec 6 13:36:34 EST 2004

Thomas Beckett wrote:

> Could y'all recommend a good general accounting application for Linux?

gnucash.

comments of Jason apply - you have to know accounting. I believe it can
read quickbooks files, possibly now it can export in that format too,
but I don't upgrade my setup. Sql-ledger (from reading the docs) can
do more than gnucash (eg inventory), but if you just want double entry
accounting, gnucash does it. It's difficult to compile, if you aren't
up for a lot of pain, you could install the packages. I gave a talk on
gnucash to NCSA a while back

http://www.austintek.com/gnucash/

Joe

LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb at epa.gov