[TriLUG] URL/httpd.conf help?

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Mon Dec 6 14:33:51 EST 2004

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 12:57:31PM -0500, Howard Boyd II wrote:
> Can someone please help me modify my httpd.conf file to modify incoming
> url requests? To access my site, users should enter:
> https://www.host.com/directory/file
>
> I want to configure the httpd.conf file such that if the user enters
> https://www.host.com they get the same page as if they entered
> https://www.host.com/directory/file

I *think* you want something to the effect of:

RewriteEngine	On
RewriteRule	^/$	http://www.host.dom/directory/file

Make sure you load the rewrite_module somewhere in there too.

The full docs on mod_rewrite are at:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_rewrite.html
Admittedly, it's a pain to decipher; see the quotes at the top of the page
:)

--
Kevin Otte, N8VNR
nivex at nivex.net
http://www.nivex.net/

-=-

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
-- George Santayana

"It seems no one reads Santayana anymore."
-- Cdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5