[TriLUG] Re: RHEL3 ->Perl ->MSSQL

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 15:24:13 EST 2004

Thanks for posting your solution... I have wrestled with a similar issue
regarding LA(MSSQL)P solution here.  I had hoped simply configuring unixODBC
and the ODBC for php would have been sufficient... but the process I had to go
through still required FreeTDS, ./configure with all kinds of options for PHP
and a small hack to the php.ini file to make it all work:

http://www.turnpike420.net/linux/Apache_PHP_FreeTDS_MSSQL2000.txt

That is one thing I cannot understand.  What good are unixODBC and the PHP ODBC
modules if we can't use the packages as they are??  I'd really like to not have
to ./configure PHP and FreeTDS, but use the RPM package of PHP as is (and no
FreeTDS) in combination with the ODBC packages now being offered.  This
solution seems to elude me.  Google is hardly help here either.  I've looked
for a long time and feel fortunate I found a solution that is at least working
for me at this time.

Anything enlightening anyone can offer, I'm all ears.  (No, I can't switch
databases either.)  :)

thanks,
David McD.