[TriLUG] Time Warner cable question

Jeff Groves jgroves at krenim.org
Mon Dec 6 20:20:44 EST 2004

gregbrown at mindspring.com wrote:

>>I just use TW's SMTP server.  They haven't complained in 4 years.
>>

>Do you mean that in your mail client you send mail directly to TW's SMTP server?  What is the hostname of that server?

Not in my mail client, but in my sendmail configuration.. my "smart
host" entry in my sendmail.mc looks like:

define(`SMART_HOST',`smtp-server.nc.rr.com')dnl

As it is, you can only get to this server if you are on Roadrunner's
network, but since I run my own SMTP server with TLS and authentication
required, I can send mail from anywhere with little fear of my SMTP
server being used as a spam funnel.

Thanks,

Jeff G.