[TriLUG] Time Warner cable question

Dave Sorenson dave at logicalgeek.com
Mon Dec 6 22:51:24 EST 2004

I paid $15 bucks a year to dnsmadeeasy.com, but there are others out there.
I have had some issues with their service, not enough to make me leave
before my year contract, but enough to not really recommend them highly.

The frustrating thing is that I had open incomming port 25 with BS until I
"upgraded" my service. I specifically asked BS about it before I did the
upgrade and they lied to me and said it would not affect my mail server.
Plus, I tried to switch to their business accounts, but they wouldn't take
my money because I was on a residential line AND they wouldn't sell me a
business line because I wasn't running a business. It was a huge run-around
so I'm not entirely ready to give them any more money. Not very customer
friendly. Anyway, Thanks for all the advice!

Dave S.