[TriLUG] GUI ftp program

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 00:01:25 EST 2004

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 16:31:50 -0500, Michael Hrivnak
<mhrivnak at triad.rr.com> wrote:
> I usually fire up Konqueror, or whatever favorite file manager is available,
> and type in the address bar:
>
> ftp://username@server.com/path/to/stuff
>
> The I can drag and drop and generally manipulate files on the ftp server as if
> they were local.

One other nice thing about konqueror is the fish io slave.  As long as
you've got SSH access, it will let you do the same thing as what
Michael described for ftp.  Just use the url like this:

fish://username@ssh-enabled-server.com/path/to/stuff/

It's very cool and it doesn't require anything other than standard
ssh.

Cheers,
Tanner