[TriLUG] maildrop w/ sql headache

David Rasch rasch at raschnet.com
Tue Dec 7 07:15:20 EST 2004

Jason Tower wrote:

>anyone have maildrop working with mysql lookups?  i'm trying to get it
>set up but no matter what i try i get a "Invalid user specified" error:
>
>[jason at mail jason]$ echo "123"|maildrop-mysql -d user at test.dom.ain
>Invalid user specified.

Some questions first....

Do you have MySQL running without the "skip-networking" flag?  To
connect to a MySQL server using the socket, I've always had to use
"localhost" as the server, not 127.0.0.1.  I just did a test, and indeed
I cannot connect to a MySQL server running with "skip-networking" by
specifying 127.0.0.1.

Do any of the queries show up in the MySQL log?

Is strace of any assistance?

Can you run maildrop w/ "-V 9" ?

Good luck!

David