[TriLUG] maildrop w/ sql headache

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Tue Dec 7 10:55:27 EST 2004

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 07:15, David Rasch wrote:
> Jason Tower wrote:
> >anyone have maildrop working with mysql lookups?  i'm trying to get
> > it set up but no matter what i try i get a "Invalid user specified"
> > error:
> >
> >[jason at mail jason]$ echo "123"|maildrop-mysql -d user at test.dom.ain
> >Invalid user specified.
>
> Some questions first....
>
> Do you have MySQL running without the "skip-networking" flag?  To
> connect to a MySQL server using the socket, I've always had to use
> "localhost" as the server, not 127.0.0.1.  I just did a test, and
> indeed I cannot connect to a MySQL server running with
> "skip-networking" by specifying 127.0.0.1.
>
> Do any of the queries show up in the MySQL log?
>
> Is strace of any assistance?
>
> Can you run maildrop w/ "-V 9" ?
>

> Good luck!
>
> David

whew, got it working.  turns out the sql config was just slightly off,
the "check to see if account is enabled" query had the wrong value.
after i bumped up the mysql query logging i was able to debug it.  now
i just need to get maildrop to read and understand
individual .maildroprc configs for virtual users :-)

 thanks david!

jason