[TriLUG] Re: Tis the season: December TriLUG events!

Jeff Tickle jtickle at jtsoft.net
Tue Dec 7 11:06:55 EST 2004

Out here at ASU, we have our meetings the first Thursday of the month,
then LAN party the following Friday night.  We always strictly restrict
it to games that work on Linux (UT2K4, America's Army, Castle
Wolfenstein, etc) although Windows boxes do show up anyway.  Last week
the theme was old-school games that have been ported.  I had to miss it
unfortunately because it sounds like it was a lot of fun; the top game
was Duke Nukem 3D, with a lot of WolfGL and Quake 1 (not sure if it had
the TeamFortress mod or not).  So I have to use the term "LAN" lightly
because I think Quake was the only one that could be played that way,
but no matter.

They're talking about getting another one of those together again soon
because apparently it was more fun than anyone anticipated; if they do,
I'm bustin out the Atari 7800 :-)

-Jeff