[TriLUG] ! --> Quickbooks replacement

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Tue Dec 7 13:21:41 EST 2004

On 12/06/2004 01:23 PM Thomas Beckett wrote:
> Could y'all recommend a good general accounting application for Linux?
> Possibly something that works like or interoperates with Quickbooks?
>
> All I could find on Sourceforge was Kbooks, which is still in alpha
> after three years.  There's gotta be something good.  Thanks!
>
> TaB

You can use CodeWeaver's CrossOver Office to run Quickbooks and QB-Pro.
I have CrossOver 3.0.1 running on both a 2.4 Debian kernel (Xandros 2.5
Business which includes CrossOver) and on Mandrake 10.0, a 2.6 kernel,
and running QB-Pro 2003 just fine.  I'll be upgrading Mandrake to 10.1,
CrossOver to 4.0 and Quickbooks Pro to 2005, and I can post here my
experience with compatibility (currently untested by CodeWeavers).

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA